This research traces the historical development of Nigeria-Israeli relations from 1960-2007 and then find out how internal and international politics influenced their relationship at different stages of their evolution. The study looks at the various epochs in their relations with emphasis on the following periods:
1) 1962 – 1966, Era of Peaceful Diplomatic Relations
2) 1967 – 1972, Era of Unstable Diplomatic Relations
3) 1973 – 1991, Era of Severed Diplomatic Relations
4) 1992 – 1993, Era of Restoration of Diplomatic Relations
5) 1994 – 1998, Era of Decline in Diplomatic Relations
6) 1999 – 2000 , Era of Stable Diplomatic Relations.
Furthermore, the study provides relevant information on Nigeria’s relationship with Israel in key areas such as economic, political and socio-cultural exchanges. Attention was given to the instruments employed by the two countries to conduct external relations. The findings of this research shows that the changing role of Israel in Nigeria could benefit the country in the fields of education, military, technology, tourism, trade, culture and politics.